Below are some of the materials and videos taught during our Fall session.
Please NOTE: These materials may not be intended to replace personal instruction with one of our qualified instructors. Many of the materials provided here are intended for review purposes only. See your instructor team if you have questions or need help with a technique or form.
Requirements for Fall Session
- Front Position
- Half Moon Stance
- Crane Stance
- Horse Stance (Front & Side)
- Cat Stance
- Front Punch
- Thrust Punch
- Palm Heel
- Hammer Fist
- Knife Hand / Driving Knife Hand / Cross-body Knife Hand
The knife hand techniques may vary depending on the rank of student in session. White belts will learn knife hand, Yellow and Orange may learn driving knife hand and cross-body knife hand techniques.
- Front Instep Kick (Front Snap Kick)
- Front Ball Kick (Front Push Kick)
- Side Kick / Side Thrust / Side Blade Kick
- Eight Point Blocking System
- # 6
- # 5
Kempo Punch Techniques:
- Forward – w/Punches
- L-Step – 2 Swords
- 1/4 Turn
- 1/2 Turn
- 3/4 Turn
- Pinan 1 (Section A)
- Half Moon Stepping
- Moving while blocking, punching and kicking
- Beginner Class Terminology
- 5 School Rules
- Effort – Do your best. Give 100%!
- Etiquette – Use good manners.
- Self-Control – Control yourself (hands & feet, words, emotions & actions)
- Sincerity – Tell the truth.
- Character – Be yourself!
- 5 Animals
- Tiger – teaches us Strength & Power
- Crane – teaches us Grace & Balance
- Leopard – teaches us Speed & Agility
- Snake – teaches us Inner Strength, Power and Ground Fighting
- Dragon – teaches us about Peace, Persistance/Perseverance and Courage