FREE COMMUNITY EVENT – BULLY DEFENSE
Swan’s Martial Arts Academy is a leader in Buffalo and the Western New York community in helping our children deal with and help prevent bullying. We’ve teamed up with martial arts instructors and schools worldwide to reach out to kids in our communities and help them put an end to bullying.
- Every 7 minutes a kid is bullied
- 85% of the time there is NO INTERVENTION
- Each day, 160,000 students miss school due to bullying
- Bullying is the leading factor in suicide among kids 11-16
- Over 50% of Teens have been bullied online!
We invite you to join us for one of our Free Kids Bully Defense Seminars. These 45-90 minute seminars are for children ages 6-8, 9-11 and 12+ years old. This event is open to all kids in our community and they do not need any experience in martial arts to attend. You and your child will not be sold to during these seminars.
Our seminar will cover some of the basics of defending against a bully. Kids will learn the following:
- Bullying Statistics
- What is a Bully?
- 5 Types of Bullying
- What happens if you are a Bully
- 10 ways to Help End Bullying
The goal of this seminar is to:
- Empower our youth to speak up if they are or see someone getting bullied
- Give them some basic knowledge and skills to protect themselves
- Inspire them to put an end to bullying in their school and community
We are in the process of selecting dates for our next FREE Bully Defense Seminars for 2018. Please check back or call us to inquire about our programs. We also offer Bully Defense Workshops for Youth Groups, Boy Scout and Girls Scout Troops, School presentations and more.
These seminars can fill up fast so call Master Ken Swan at (716) 685-7926 to register your son or daughter.