FREE COMMUNITY EVENT – BULLY DEFENSE
Swan’s Martial Arts Academy is a leader in Buffalo and the Western New York community in helping our children deal with and help prevent bullying. We’ve teamed up with martial arts instructors and schools worldwide to reach out to kids in our communities and help them put an end to bullying.
- Every 7 minutes a kid is bullied
- 85% of the time there is NO INTERVENTION
- Each day, 160,000 students miss school due to bullying
- Bullying is the leading factor in suicide among kids 11-16
We invite you to join us for one of our Free Kids Bully Defense Seminars. This 60-75 minute seminar is for children ages 6-8 and 9-13 years old. This event is open to all kids in our community and they do not need any experience in martial arts to attend. You and your child will not be sold to during these seminars.
Swan’s Martial Arts Academy is offering two days in March for this seminar each geared toward a certain age group:
- Kids ages 6-8 years old – Wednesday, March 22 from 5:30 pm-6:30 pm
- Kids ages 9-13 years old – Thursday, March 23 from 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm
Our seminar will cover some of the basics of defending against a bully. Kids will learn the following:
- Bullying Statistics
- What is a Bully?
- 5 Types of Bullying
- What happens if you are a Bully
- 10 ways to Help End Bullying
The goal of this seminar is to:
- Empower our youth to speak up if they are or see someone getting bullied
- Give them some basic knowledge and skills to protect themselves
- Inspire them to put an end to bullying in their school and community
These seminars can fill up fast so call Master Ken Swan at (716) 685-7926 to register your son or daughter.